The Bioinformatics track of the MSc in Computer Science integrates concepts and methods from both mathematics and computer science with (molecular) biology and biochemistry.
The specialisation focuses on research, development and application of computational tools and approaches for expanding the use of biological, medical, behavioural and health data. This includes many aspects from acquiring to analyzing and to visualizing data. The specialisation also deals with the development and application of data-analytical and theoretical methods, mathematical modelling and computational simulation techniques to the study of biological, behavioural, and social systems.
Reasons to Choose Computer Science in Leiden
- The programme offers stimulating, significant and innovative research in the field of Computer Science
- Research at the Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science (LIACS) has an excellent international reputation.
- The strength of the programmes is the individual approach: an individually tailored programme will be designed for each student.
- The researchers and assistants are easily accessible. Students and staff work closely together in a research-oriented environment.
- Students with an MSc in Computer Science are admissible to a PhD programme.
- It provides students with a thorough computer science background that will allow them to pursue careers in research or industrial environments.