The new two-year Msc Data Science and Entrepreneurship is a truly interdisciplinary business-technology-analytics program. It is ideal for students eager to bring data science into effective use in business.
Taught in collaboration, the MSc program synthesises the unique key strengths of Eindhoven University of Technology and Tilburg University: the technological know-how of Eindhoven with the business, legal and societal insights of Tilburg. This synergy ensures that we educate data science-driven entrepreneurs who have the capability to create, develop and market data technologies, conduct research, and present results in a clear, non-technical manner.
Data science aims at deriving actionable insights from large amounts of data, such as theories and methods for data integration, data cleaning, data mining, process mining, business analytics and data architectures.
Entrepreneurship involves the successful development of new business models and entrepreneurial ventures by exploiting new algorithms, models, theories, tools, and project solutions including data entrepreneurship, defining business models, fuelling creativity and fostering open innovation. Supporting disciplines, including law and ethics, are also included in the MSc curriculum.
You will be skilled in applying the data revolution to develop innovative, value-adding and sustainable business activities within existing corporations and startups. You will learn how to translate innovative, data driven ideas into concrete project requirements, develop technological solutions, launch a business venture and assess its effectiveness.
Why choose this Master’s program?
- A unique educational experience
Challenging students with real-world data entrepreneur problems in tandem with industry.
- In close collaboration with the JADS ecosystem
Companies will be actively involved in teaching, assignment supervision, and initiating novel innovations, startups and accelerators.
- A unique combination of business and IT
Preparing you for jobs at the interface of data science and entrepreneurship.
- Electives allow you to specialise
In your own area of interest, either more on IT and Data science or Entrepreneurship and Business.
- Brand new data science campus
The program will be offered at an exclusive, brand new campus location, with the latest facilities, offering small-scale education and direct access to top-scientists and practitioners in data entrepreneurship.
- A vibrant entrepreneurial environment
Our data science campus will offer substantial support in terms of providing offices, state-of-the-art ICT facilities, advise, and help in acquiring subsidies, funds and equity for starting your own start-up.
- Great career prospects
The skills that you will have as an entrepreneurial data scientist are in exceptionally high demand. After graduating you’ll already have six months of relevant work-related experience due to the close cooperation with business.
- Soft skills
Challenging program in which you learn to work in a team, and not only learn about
Data Science and business, but also learn to develop your soft skills.
- Combining theory and practice
The backbone of the program comprises a series of Data Entrepreneurship in Action courses.
Working in a team, you learn to apply data-driven methods.
A master’s program for you?
Data Scientists are able to analyse massive amounts of data, see patterns in it and convert this to new products or services which are useful for business. This requires:
- Technical expertise: you are able to analyse massive amounts of data, see patterns in it and convert this to new products or services.
- Curiosity: you desire to discover and model a problem down to a clear set of concepts (and hypotheses that can be tested).
- Creativity: you desire to look at a problem in different ways and find novel solutions.
- Communication skills: you are able to communicate effectively with different people, on divers aspects of data science. You know how to use data to tell a story.
- Social skills: you are able to collaborate with others, with similar and different backgrounds, to tackle challenging problems.
- Interest in/knowledge of Entrepreneurship: you desire to develop your entrepreneurial skills.
Students come from a wide variety of backgrounds. To be eligible for admission a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required in the field of mathematics, statistics, programming or business and entrepreneurship.