Spyros Angelopoulos is an Assistant Professor of Information Management at Tilburg University. His research interests include social networks, computer-mediated communication, Online Communities, and Big Data Analytics.
Previously, he was Research Fellow at the InterDisciplinary Institute of Data Science, at the Università della Svizzera italiana, in Switzerland and the Horizon Digital Economy Research Institute of the University of Nottingham, in the UK. Spyros hold a PhD in Information Systems and Management from Warwick Business School, in the UK, a Diploma (equivalent to MEng) in Production Engineering and Management, as well as an MSc in Organization and Management from the Technical University of Crete, in Greece.
- Heirman, W., Angelopoulos, S., Wegge, D., Vandebosch, H., Walrave, M., & Eggermont, S. (2015). Cyberbullying-entrenched or Cyberbully-free Classrooms? A Class Network and Class Composition Approach, Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication, DOI: 10.1111/jcc4.12111.
- Lu, Y., Ou, C.X.J., and Angelopoulos, S. (2018) Exploring the effect of monetary incentives on user behavior in Online Sharing Platforms, HICSS, Nominated for Best Paper Award.
- Angelopoulos, S. and Merali, Y. (2017). Sometimes a cigar is not just a cigar: Unfolding the transcendence of boundaries across the digital and physical, ICIS, Seoul, Korea .
- Angelopoulos, S., McAuley, D., Merali, Y., Mortier, R. and Price, D. (2016). Small Fish in a Big Pond: An Architectural Approach to Users Privacy, Rights and Security in the Age of Big Data, ICIS, Dublin, Ireland.
- Angelopoulos, S. and Merali, Y. (2015). Bridging the Divide Between Virtual and Embodied Spaces: Exploring the Effect of Offline Interactions on the Sociability of Participants of Topic-Specific Online Communities, HICSS, pp. 1994-2002, doi: 10.1109/HICSS.2015.239.