The world is changing rapidly, a large part of it is related to Big Data. Most people have heard the term, but what exactly does it entail for your own job and organization? By joining our 2 day course for managers, you’ll gain a better understanding of the terms, technologies and methodologies surrounding big data. Next to providing a high level and strategic program, we will show you, for example; how a machine learning algorithm works, and in what situation you should use a Hadoop cluster. At the end of the program you will be able to make your first steps in the Big Data domain.
What you will gain in the course Big Data for Managers:
- An introduction to Big Data and Analytics – Definitions, terms, history and trends
- Different stages of Analytics Maturity – An introduction to the stages of Analytics Maturity, and the different factors for building analytical capability
- An interactive session to assess your company’s Analytical Maturity on various aspects
- Analytics methods – Providing a basic understanding of analytics algorithms and techniques
- Added value for your organization – What can Big Data and Analytics do for your organization? Including examples in various application areas
- An approach to get from a business opportunity to an analytics solution, and six clear pointers to start developing a big data strategy for your own company
- Big Data technology – What are the challenges and opportunities of Big Data? An overview of Big Data technology, including data storage, distributed processing, analytical engines, resource management
- Law & Ethics – What should executives know to responsibly use big data and to avoid being caught in a scandal?
- Talent search and people development – How to find and enable the people you need?
- Analytics Workshop – A case exercise to apply the gained knowledge from this course and devise an analytics strategy
Who should join the course Big Data for Managers?
This course is designed for Managers and Consultants in the domain of HR, IT, Supply Chain, Marketing, Operations, Sales or Accountancy, with a beginner to intermediate-level understanding of big data concepts. In the previous editions we welcomed managers from AEGON, SNS Bank, Nuon, RAI, Randstad, Tomtom, Jumbo, Airfrance-KLM, Nationale Nederlanden, PostNL, Shell, SVB, KPN, Akzo Nobel, UWV, Staples, ABN Amro and more. Join us and uncover how your company can gain a competitive advantage with big data.
A selection of responses from our participants:
- “A great turbo lecture about big data from A till Z. Excellent!”
- “Nice to meet other people struggling with this topic”.
- “Good overview an in-depth examples from really experienced people.”
- “This course for managers gives you a good overview of all things involved: from vision and change management to techniques, legalisation and attracting and keeping the right talent!”
- “Stimulating introduction to a fascinating topic.”
- “Interesting start course to get insights and relevant topics regarding big data.”
- “High (birds eye) view on big data.”
• 11 & 12 February 2019
• 17 & 18 June 2019
• 28 & 29 October 2019
For more information contact:
The Analytics Academy
+31 20 5256134