Don’t just think like a data scientist. Be one.
Analytical talent is in high demand. Differentiate yourself by earning world-class certification in big data, advanced analytics and data science from SAS, the leader in advanced big data analytics. Sharpen your skills and validate your expertise at the SAS Academy for Data Science. And become the go-to expert who not only talks data science, but actually does it.
SAS® Certified Advanced Analytics Professional
Expand your analytical skill set. Make yourself more marketable – and become a more-valued asset – by learning the latest advanced analytics techniques for solving critical business challenges across every domain.
The SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional program – offered by the SAS Academy for Data Science – will broaden your knowledge, deepen your analytics skills and expand your horizons.
Is this program right for me?
The advanced analytics certification program is for those who want to deepen their advanced analytics knowledge and skills. A strong background in applied mathematics is needed. A master’s degree or higher in a quantitative or technical field is recommended, but not required.
To enroll in the SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional program, you need at least six months of programming experience in SAS or another programming language and at least six months of experience using mathematics and/or statistics in a business environment. Furthermore it is recommended that you have knowledge of SQL, Macro, Advanced Programming and Statistics.
It would be advantageous to attend the courses listed below prior to joining this program:
- SAS Base Programming: Fast Track
- SAS Advanced Programming: Fast Track
- Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression, and Logistic Regression
Please contact your local SAS Education Office for similar offerings in local language.
What you will learn
In the advanced analytics certification program, you’ll learn how to build and deploy models built in SAS and open source technologies, then deploy those models at scale using the flexible, robust SAS environment. The program focuses on these areas:
- Machine learning and predictive modeling techniques.
- Applying machine learning and predictive modeling techniques to distributed and in-memory big data sets.
- Pattern detection.
- Experimentation in business.
- Optimization techniques.
- Time series forecasting.
- Essential communication skills.
The six-week advanced analytics certification program curriculum includes the following courses:
- Applied Analytics Using SAS Enterprise Miner
- Neural Network Modeling
- Communicating Technical Findings With a Nontechnical Audience
- Predictive Modeling Using Logistic Regression
- Data Mining Techniques: Predictive Analytics on Big Data
- Using SAS to Put Open Source Models Into Production
- Text Analytics Using SAS Text Miner
- Time Series Modeling Essentials
- Experimentation in Data Science
- Optimization Concepts for Data Science
In the advanced analytics certification program courses, you will learn to use the following SAS software:
|SAS® Enterprise Miner™||SAS/OR®|
|SAS® High-Performance Data Mining||SAS® Text Miner|
|SAS® In-Memory Statistics (PROC IMSTAT)||SAS® Visual Statistics|
|SAS® Studio||SAS tools for integrating with open source|
The SAS® Academy for Data Science offers:
- Three immersive programs developed by leading analytical experts.
- Industry-recognized credentials – certifications in big data, advanced analytics and data science.
- Classroom instruction in a collaborative setting, combined with hands-on learning and case studies.
- A blended approach using SAS, Hadoop and open source technologies.
- A coach to guide you by answering questions and helping you prepare for certification.
- Around-the-clock access to SAS software and course materials during the program.