Don’t just think like a data scientist. Be one.
Analytical talent is in high demand. Differentiate yourself by earning world-class certification in big data, advanced analytics and data science from SAS, the leader in advanced big data analytics. Sharpen your skills and validate your expertise at the SAS Academy for Data Science. And become the go-to expert who not only talks data science, but actually does it.
SAS® Certified Data Scientist
Get your data science certification, and make yourself stand out – whether you’re looking to change jobs, get a promotion or sharpen your current skills.
The SAS Certified Data Scientist program – offered by the SAS Academy for Data Science – can deepen your knowledge, jump-start your career and boost your earning power.
Is this program right for me?
The data science certification program is for those who want to develop the advanced knowledge and skills necessary to work as a data scientist. It is best suited for those with a strong background in applied mathematics. A master’s degree or higher in a quantitative or technical field is recommended, but not required.
To enroll in the Data Science Certification program, you need at least six months of programming experience in SAS or another programming language. Furthermore it is recommended that you have knowledge of SQL, Macro and Advanced Programming.
It would be advantageous to attend the courses listed below prior to joining this program:
Please contact your local SAS Education Office for similar offerings in local language.
What you will learn
In the data science certification program, you’ll gain skills in big data management, advanced analytics, machine learning and data visualization, along with the essential communication skills needed by data scientists today. The program comprises the focus areas of both the SAS Certified Big Data Professional and the SAS Certified Advanced Analytics Professional programs, including:
- Improving data quality for reporting and analytics.
- Fundamentals of statistics and analytics.
- Working with Hadoop, Hive, Pig and SAS.
- Exploring and visualizing data.
- Machine learning and predictive modeling techniques.
- Applying machine learning and predictive modeling techniques to distributed and in-memory big data sets.
- Pattern detection.
- Experimentation in business.
- Optimization techniques.
- Time series forecasting.
- Essential communication skills.
The 12-week data science certification program curriculum includes the following courses:
- Big Data Challenges and Analysis-Driven Data
- Exploring Data With SAS Visual Analytics
- Statistics 1: Introduction to ANOVA, Regression and Logistic Regression
- Preparing Data for Analysis and Reporting
- Introduction to SAS and Hadoop: Essentials
- DS2 Programming Essentials With Hadoop
- Hadoop Analysis With Hive, Pig and SAS
- Getting Started With SAS In-Memory Statistics
- Applied Analytics Using SAS Enterprise Miner
- Neural Network Modeling
- Communicating Technical Findings With a Nontechnical Audience
- Predictive Modeling Using Logistic Regression
- Data Mining Techniques: Predictive Analytics on Big Data
- Using SAS to Put Open Source Models Into Production
- Text Analytics Using SAS Text Miner
- Time Series Modeling Essentials
- Experimentation in Data Science
- Optimization Concepts for Data Science
In the data science certification program courses, you will learn to use the following SAS software:
|Base SAS®||SAS® In-Memory Statistics|
|DataFlux® Data Management Server||SAS/OR®|
|DataFlux® Data Management Studio||SAS/STAT®|
|SAS® Data Loader for Hadoop||SAS® Studio|
|SAS® Enterprise Guide®||SAS® Text Miner|
|SAS® Enterprise Miner™||SAS® Visual Analytics|
|SAS/ETS®||SAS® Visual Statistics|
|SAS® High-Performance Data Mining||SAS tools for integrating with open source|
The SAS® Academy for Data Science offers:
- Three immersive programs developed by leading analytical experts.
- Industry-recognized credentials – certifications in big data, advanced analytics and data science.
- Classroom instruction in a collaborative setting, combined with hands-on learning and case studies.
- A blended approach using SAS, Hadoop and open source technologies.
- A coach to guide you by answering questions and helping you prepare for certification.
- Around-the-clock access to SAS software and course materials during the program.
Level 1 – (5 Sept to 14 Oct 2016)
Level 2 – (9 Jan to 17 Feb 2017)