What will you do?
As a data engineer at Pacmed, you are responsible for the setup, deployment and
productising of data science models in a hospital setting. You are the one that ensures that the algorithms we build at Pacmed actually make a difference on a daily basis. You can transfer a model from an experimental setting to production, ensuring performance, reliability and transparency. You deal well with the complexity of the IT landscape in healthcare and can develop according to standardised norms and guidelines needed for certification of Pacmed’s software. As a data engineer you will work closely together with the data scientists.
What do you get?
- A lot of opportunity for personal development (e.g. development afternoons, soft skills trainings, budget for online course).
- You work together within a vibrant community of experienced data scientists and leading technical and medical academics.
- You work closely together in an enthusiastic and ambitious team, dedicated to making health smarter and better.
- You get the opportunity to grow along with the company into a role with many responsibilities (e.g. training and mentoring junior data engineers, further developing Pacmed’s technical strategy).
- A dynamic working environment where fun at work is very important.
- Master’s in Computer Science, (Medical) Informatics, or a comparable technical field.
- 1-2 years working experience as a data engineer (or related function).
- (Backend) programming experience with Python and basic ‘model as a service’ tools (e.g. Docker, Flask).
- Experience with provisioning, deployment and continuous integration tools (e.g. Airflow, Vagrant, Ansible, Gitlab, Jenkins, Docker Swarm, Kubernetes).
- Experience with data management and ETL pipelines (mostly with relational databases).
- You are pro-active and are always looking for ways to improve yourself.
- You are driven by a societal purpose and excited about improving health care.
- Experience with Linux systems administration.
- Experience with anonymisation, security, authentication and authorisation.
- Experience with distributed storage and computing systems may come in handy (e.g. Spark, Hadoop, Elastic Search).
- Since we are mostly working with Dutch data and Dutch doctors, understanding Dutch is preferred.