Do you want to be part of highly experienced and motivated data science team? Do you want to provide research driven innovation and develop on interesting datasets? Then this is for you.
Data Scientist at KPN Advanced Analytics
We are looking for curious and creative data scientists interested in using statistical and machine learning techniques to improve customer experience or create business value for KPN. Our (international) team work on data driven innovation projects focusing on making a real difference for KPN’s customers. We offer a wide variety of projects, as long as the data and challenges are interesting (e.g. clicks, text, network signals, customer behavior and much more). You are a bit techie and actively follow the latest developments in machine learning and statistical modeling.
As a Data Scientist in our team you would be responsible for:
- Developing new capabilities to enhance business or other analytical teams
- Discover new insights and possibilities to disrupt business status quo
- Active contributing to knowledge-sharing sessions and meet ups
- Agile development of proof-of-concepts along with estimating and evaluating the impact.
- Proposing innovation and/or business case ideas.
- Increasing the capabilities of our Analytical infrastructure (both Open-source and preparatory) products.
- Create and implement complex models from idea to code to production
What do we require?
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in machine learning.
- Hands on experience with (NoSQL) Databases (Teradata preferred).
- Programming skills (either R, Python or Scala >= 2 yrs)
- Academic background, PhD is a plus (e.g. Applied Physics, Mathematics, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science, Econometrics etc)
- Proven experience in setting up, running and finishing data science projects
- High level of active interest in new (open source) tooling & data science techniques (e.g. elastic search, Spark, Flink, deep learning, advanced text mining, Tensorflows)
What do we offer?
- Highly experienced team of data scientist professionals (>10)
- Lots of freedom to research and develop
- Learning lab and own training budget each year
- Working with cutting edge technologies and implementing them in practice.
- Huge variety of projects in a very dynamical telecom market (consumer, business, network, etc)
- Pioneering with impact
Who we are?
We believe that the best way to work is to do interesting things in an enjoyable way. This leaves a lot of room for learning new technologies and experimenting with their use, if this doesn’t leads to immediate value it will later on. We believe that some of best data products are open source products (e.g. the Apache ecosystem) and we don’t shy away from exploring their utility. Finally, we actively use this knowledge and experience on side or public-service projects outside of KPN.
KPN is a data driven Telecom provider and has the ambition to be front runner in data and analytics. It is one of the must win battles of the Executive Board. In 2015 KPN won 1st price for best Big data Vision at the Informatica worldwide congress in Las Vegas. Advanced Analytics is part of a centralized expertise department (Data & Analytics) within KPN working for all areas, directly reporting to the Board of Executives.