Several Data Science researchers have been successful in submitting project proposals in this period. Among these are proposals in Horizon 2020, NWO Perspectief, NWO Open Technology, NWO Commit2Data and ZonMW call. This results in a large number of new PhD and some other positions at various Data Science groups. A selection of awarded projects:
- H2020: 2 PhD positions in “Business Process Re-engineering and functional toolkit for GDPR compliance” project by dr. Marwan Hassani and dr. Renata Carvalho (AIS group, Math & Computer Science)
- NWO Commit2Data: 3 PhD position in “Using small data and big data: Neighborhood Energy & Data Management Integration System” project by Prof. Wim Zeiler (Built Environment) and Prof. Han Slootweg (Electrical Engineering).
- NWO Open Technology: A total of 4 positions (of which 2 PhDs) in the “Rapid Micro Statistics” project headed by Prof. Edwin vd Heuvel (Statistics, M&CS).
- NWO Perspectief: A total of 7 PhD positions at the TU/e in the project “Efficient Deep Learning”, led by Prof. Henk Corporaal (EE). Most of them will work in three Electrical Engineering groups, but also Math & Computer Science (dr. Mike Holenderski) is involved with one PhD.
- NWO Perspectief: Prof. Steven Vos (Industrial Design) will supervise one PhD in the project: “ Citius Altius Sanius” (overall lead by TU Delft).
- ZonMW: Another PhD will be supervised by dr. Pieter Van Gorp (Information Systems group, IE&IS) in the “Gamification for Overweight prevention and Active Lifestyle” project.