Who will win the 2019 award for best Dutch Data Scientist & AI expert ?
Want to find out? Join the Award ceremony of the Dutch Data Science Awards at JADS in Den Bosch on June 13 between 13:30 – 18:00.
Get your Free ticket here.
The Dutch Data Science Awards are an initiative of the Koninklijke Hollandsche Maatschappij der Wetenschappen (KHMW) & Big Data Alliance (BDA), supported by our kind sponsors AIMMS, Elsevier, ORACLE, ORTEC, Lubbers de Jong and University of Amsterdam.
- Three prizes will be handed-out by KHMW president Louise Gunning-Schepers:
> one to the author of the best PhD thesis,
> one to the team behind the best industry application,
> one to the entrepreneur(s) behind the best start-up idea
- Apart from the award ceremony, a discussion will be organised around the theme:
- Positive and negative aspects of the US and Asian “BigTech” platforms, data and algorithms for the European economy and for the European safetyAn introduction to the theme will be delivered by our keynote speaker Viktor Mayer-Schönberger (Oxford University). Viktor is well known for his numerous books and also for his comments in the Dutch media (TV, newspapers) on this and related topic.
- After the keynote, the audience will be able to discuss with Viktor and with Alexander Rinnooy Kan (University of Amsterdam and Senator), Alexander Van Boetzelaer (Executive Vice President Elsevier), Gerrit Timmer (founder of ORTEC) and Martijn Snoep (Chairman of the Netherlands Authority for Consumers and Markets) about the topic.
- The official part of the event will be concluded by a mini-pitch delivered by Dick den Hertog (Tilburg University) on the initiative “Data Science for the Social Good”
13:30 – Registration
14:00 – Opening by Willem-Jan van den Heuvel (dir. education JADS)
14:05 – Keynote by Viktor Mayer-Schönberger (Oxford University)
14:45 – Break
15:15 – Audience discusses with Viktor and other experts
16:00 – Award ceremony by Louise Gunning-Schepers (President KHMW)
17:00 – Data Sc. for Social Good by Dick den Hertog (Tilburg University) and Ton Rombouts (Member of Senate of Dutch Parliament, Ambassador Data Science for Social Good, former mayor of Den Bosch)
17:10 – Reception with drinks