The ECSM is an EU campaign that promotes cyber security awareness among citizens and organizations concerning the importance of information security and highlighting the simple steps that can be taken to protect their data, whether personal, financial and/or professional. The main goal is to raise awareness, to change behaviour and to provide resources to all about how to protect themselves online. The European Union Agency for Network and Information Security (ENISA), the European Commission DG CONNECT and Partners are deploying the European Cyber Security Month (ECSM) every October. The objectives of the European Cyber Security Month:
- generate general awareness about cyber security, which is one of the priorities identified in the EU Cyber Security Strategy;
- generate specific awareness on Network and Information Security (NIS), which is addressed in the proposed NIS Directive;
- promote safer use of the Internet for all users;
- build a strong track record to raise awareness through the ECSM;
- involve relevant stakeholders;
- increase national media interest through the European and global dimension of the project;
- enhance attention and interest with regard to information security through political and media coordination.
Several activities on cyber security will take place in The Netherlands to inform you.
Visit the ECSM-website